It is finally here. The all-so awaited Juggernaut Arcana (Bladeform Legacy) that people voted for at TI6 and it doesn’t disappoint. If you haven’t seen it yet, I suggest you immediately update your DotA 2 game and login to test the demo.
The New Juggernaut Bladeform Legacy Arcana
The Arcana, when equipped, modifies the usual stuff that an Arcana modifies:
- Loadout customization.
- Different movement of the hero.
- Teleport animation.
- Victory animation.
- A very nice effect when you kill someone with crit, Omnislash, or you get a triple kill or higher.
- New effect for crits, Bladefury and Omnislash – basically, a cool blue dragon assists Juggernaut with his skills.
- Altered voice.
- New hero portrait.
- And of course, a custom emoticon of the dragon spirit.
The New Captains Mode UI
Now the design of CM looks a lot like the default AP mode, however, you can also:
- Suggest bans and picks to your team.
- Swap captain role with a few clicks.
- Enjoy the strategy time benefits.
New Jakiro Model
Finally, Jakiro has a look that will most probably nudge people to play it a little bit more. It’s the rise of the dragons as it seems, in this patch 7.03.
DotA 2 7.03 Gameplay Update
A lot of small changes have been made to the game, all of which you can find on this page. However, if you don’t have the time to read the whole thing, here are some cliffs to let you know of the bigger changes:
- Monkey King is now available in Captains Mode – dear God.
- You will now need 300 more XP to reach level 6, however you will need 300 less to reach to level 13.
- Less gold per AoE kills, less passive gold income, and reduced melee creep bounty so basically less money for all of us.
- All towers now gain 2 armor per nearby hero (1200 AoE).
- Small fixes to items – mostly gold changes in the range 50 – 100 as well as small cooldown changes to a few items.
And as for the hero changes, you will have to take a look yourself. The big news is that Lone Druid’s Rabid will now have 45 seconds cooldown meaning that there will be 15 seconds downtime for the spell.
This kind of nerfs the hero a lot since the 24/7 uptime of Rabid was one of the more OP parts of the hero. We shall see how this plays out. In my opinion, Lone Druid is still pretty OP, especially for pub games.
The new Arcana for Juggernaut looks really cool and I can’t wait to see some combos of it with Pilgrimage of the Bladeform Aesthete set.
And as for the gameplay itself, I don’t think that it will change that much. Still basically, spam LD and Ember Spirit for pub games and play more Slardar, KOTL, Abaddon, etc, in pro games.